In addition to general experience required in large business and reorganization projects, our expertise also includes such areas as (i) fraudulent transfer analysis, (ii) negotiation and documentation of financing agreements, debt restructurings, loan workouts, cash collateral arrangements, and debtor-in-possession financing arrangements, (iii) complex bankruptcy litigation, (iv) counseling with respect to transfers of claims against or interests in bankrupt entities, (v) formulation, negotiation and promulgation of plans of reorganization and related documents, (vi) reviewing and issuing non-substantive consolidation opinions, and (vii) representing clients with environmental claims in bankruptcy cases.
Our expertise also includes such areas as (1) deed of trust sales, (2) foreclosures, (3) deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, (4) appointment of receivers (5) replevin, garnishment and attachment proceedings, pre-judgment and post-judgment, (6) collection actions, (7) guaranty suits, (8) Uniform Commercial Code issues and sales, and (9) other commercial litigation matters.
Creditors' Rights Matters Handled by the Firm (Partial List):
- A lender in the repossession of four television stations in Alaska, including the appointment of a receiver and the liquidation of the assets and the FCC licenses.
- A lender in the repossession and liquidation of grocery stores in the Southeast, including the appointment of a receiver and suits on the guarantees.
- A lender in the restructuring of a loan with a major railroad line.
- A lender in the workout and restructuring of aircraft leases.
- A lender in the replevin of an aircraft from a South American carrier.
- A lender in the repossession and liquidation of a large conveyor manufacturing business located in the Southeast, including the appointment of a receiver and the liquidation of the assets.
- A lender in the workout and restructure of a loan involving several radio stations in the Midwest.
- A lender in the foreclosure of three mobile home parks in Florida and Arizona, together with two executive jet aircraft.
- Lenders in foreclosing on hotel properties located in Arizona, including the appointment of receivers.
- A lender in restructuring the working capital and term loan facility of an environmental remediation company located in the South.
- A lender in the restructure and eventual orderly liquidation of interval ownership projects in the Southeast.
- A lender in restructuring the working capital facility of a medium-sized Midwest telecommunications company.
- A lender in the restructure of various loans and subsequent liquidation of collateral of a medical professional corporation specializing in radial keratotomy.
- A lender in the restructure and eventual orderly liquidation of assets of a computer software company.
- A lender in the workout and liquidation of a ski resort in Arizona.
- A lender in the workout of a baseball stadium loan.
- Lenders in foreclosures of major high-rise office buildings in Arizona.
Bankruptcy, insolvency, workout and creditors' rights matters necessarily require the services of attorneys in a multitude of substantive areas. We are uniquely suited to provide both general creditors’ rights expertise and expertise specific to the needs of the client.