We are seeking a seasoned litigation paralegal and highly self-motivated individual to support our Commercial Litigation practice in our Las Vegas office. Position involves frequent client contact and client meetings and prepares reports, notebooks and exhibits for litigation motions. Works with experts and witnesses utilizing numerous databases and software including Relativity, Summation, CaseMap, Clearwell, Trial Director, etc. Organizes documents and coordinates document productions in conjunction with legal support staff. Conducts various document searches and factual research.
Position Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or completion of an approved paralegal program;
- 5+ years of related paralegal experience;
- Experience working with technical case management/organization systems is highly preferred, as well as technical experience related to preparing for and conducting trials;
- Possesses excellent computer and organizational skills, advanced technical editing abilities, diligent, attention to detail;
- Strong grasp of litigation and research databases and experience coordinating voluminous complicated documents quickly and accurately;
- Requires knowledge of policies, procedures and legal terminology;
- Requires knowledge of procedures related to subpoena duces tecums in both District Court and Superior Court and process of service of the same;
- Requires knowledge of Nevada Rules of Civil Procedure and Nevada Federal Rules of Procedure;
- Superior organizational skills and flexibility;
- Strong ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks, with ability to function in a fast-paced, independent work environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; and
- Ability to maintain professional interpersonal relationships with clients, colleagues and ancillary personnel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. Any employee may be required to perform duties outside of their normal assigned responsibilities as needed.
Click here to download the application. Please email finished application, cover letter, and resume to Marlene Humbert, Chief Human Resources Officer, at email@example.com.