We are seeking a Billing Manager to manage the billing functions and billing clerks for a multi-office, multi-state law firm. Energetic go-getter, who will not only lead billing clerks, but who also manages process improvement and better use of technology to improve efficiency and customer service.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for all billing related functions, including invoice generation, controls on write-off approvals, closing and related WIP/AR/Trust clean-up of matters, and central files;
- Supervise the monthly billing cycle including proformas, invoices, month-end closing and production of all monthly reporting;
- Hire, manage, support, mentor and motivate the billing team; Prepare annual written evaluation of team members, review with HR and discuss with supervisees.
- Drive efficiencies and continuous process improvement in the billing function;
- Work with other departments of the Finance team (Collections, Accounting, Analysis) to drive overall process efficiencies.
- Reduce error rates and improve experience for billing attorneys;
- Handle billing complaints in a positive, proactive and high service oriented environment;
- Manage the expanding e-billing function, understanding intricacies, benefits, as well as pitfalls in order to improve efficiencies and reduce lost billing and rate increase opportunities.
- Perform and report analyses of billing data and billing attorney efficiency;
- Interfaces with billing partners regarding electronic billing, procedures, processes;
- Flexibility in daily work schedule is required;
- Adheres to departmental/firm goals and policies; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of professional services experience;
- Success in managing a diverse team;
- Success in providing excellent customer service;
- Thomson-Reuters Elite 3E software experience desired or comparable legal industry billing system experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with intermediate MS WORD and basic Excel.
- General knowledge of computer systems, accounting software and particularly billing software.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. Any employee may be required to perform duties outside of their normal assigned responsibilities as needed.
Click here to download the application. Please email finished application, cover letter, and resume to Cheryl Cecil, HR Director at email@example.com.