We are seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Coordinator to join our Finance & Accounting team based in the Biltmore area.
Monitoring of all accounts receivable for past-due items. Telephone calls and emails to billing attorneys regarding past-due bills and coordination of contacting clients. Telephone calls and emails to clients. Monitoring and resolving unapplied cash balances. Preparation of reports regarding same to CFO and Collections Committee.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Creates monthly collections reports with data pulled from 3E;
- Maintains client contact records with details of action for each client;
- Contacts billing attorneys and clients regarding past due invoices;
- Generates and distributes reports on progress of collections, aged WIP and unapplied cash to CFO and Collections committee;
- Generate and manages collections scorecards. Distributes and compiles results that are reported to the CFO and Collections committee.
- Uses above reports to drive down A/R, unapplied cash and aged WIP to target levels.
- Collects information related to billing attorney performance and responsiveness to collections issues. Summarizes monthly for the CFO.
- Generally manages workload independently. Uses good judgment on when to solve problems directly and when to escalate to the billing attorney, CFO or Collections committee.
- Overtime may be required during periods of high workload, flexibility in daily work schedule; adheres to departmental/Firm goals and policies; and
- Other duties as assigned.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- At least three years of experience with billing/accounting systems with a demonstrated ability of data and report extraction.
- Experience in a large law firm or professional service industry setting.
- Intermediate Excel, including pivot tables, and basic MS WORD abilities required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications are a must.
Technical: Computer/technical literacy.
Analytical: Detail oriented; decision making; problem solving/reasoning.
Organizational: Coping with multiple deadlines; discretion; organizing and prioritizing tasks; punctuality; time management; coordinating schedules/times; maintaining accurate records and files.
Communication: Preparing written communications; possesses strong written and verbal skills.
Interpersonal: Building relationships with people at all levels; customer service oriented; dedication/work ethic/integrity; dependability/reliability; flexibility/adaptability; positive attitude/motivation; professionalism; accountability; teamwork.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. Any employee may be required to perform duties outside of their normal assigned responsibilities as needed.
Click here to download the application. Please email finished application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com.