We actively seek to recruit, retain, develop and advance a diverse mix of talented lawyers and staff through various initiatives, including scholarship, internship, training and mentoring opportunities. As part of these initiatives, we participate in:
- Arizona State University's Annual Diversity Scholarship Program, including pairing each scholarship recipient with an attorney mentor;
- Diversity legal writing internship programs at Arizona State University, the University of Arizona, and Arizona Summit Law School;
- A formal mentoring program for all associates and of counsel attorneys;
- Training for mentors and mentees to ensure productive and effective mentor/mentee relationships;
We also have developed the Fennemore Craig Leadership Institute emphasizing information and training focusing on internal and external client service, confidentiality, professionalism in the law firm, law firm image and personal growth.
Finally, we support work-life balance through policies such as reduced-schedule options, an employee assistance program, and a parental leave policy. We are also focused on individual growth and improving the health and well-being for all of our colleagues.
Our attorneys have been awarded for their contribution to the community.
- Phillip Fargotstein, 2015 Diversity Leader by Diversity Journal for his role as Chief Diversity Officer on Fennemore Craig’s Diversity Council